Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We are home!!!!
















Hello from HOME!!! We are so glad to be here!!!! We left Guangzhou at 6 a.m. on the 15th and, after 24 hours or so of traveling, we arrived at O'Hare. Our plane came in about a half hour early, and we zipped thru customs, baggage and immigration! We were greeted by both sets of grandparents, Aunt Rita and Uncle Dave and 4 beautiful cousins! We were soooooo glad to see them!





Joy did pretty well on her trip home. She slept from Guangzhou to Shanghai, had a little fun at the Shanghai as airport-it's a cool place, and then there was the 12 hour flight home. She did well for awhile. then, we slipped her a tiny bit of Benedryll. Everyone was settling down to sleep, and Joy was a one baby show. I was falling asleep and Kevin was dead tired, but Joy was wild. Squealing with joy, etc. She finally fell asleep, and slept for about 6 hours.





She likes her new room. Tonight, she had a bath and I took her in her room. She trotted around exploring things for awhile. Then, she asked to be put in her crib! This from the child who hates her crib. She checked it out, layed down and fell asleep. I hope she sleeps a long time. I need to go to bed, too. Just in case she only sleeps 2 hours or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker