Today is a special day! No, it doesn't have much to do with Joy. Although, I did get my first hug today! Which is ultra cool! No, today is the day we found Mouse. For those of you who don't know The Mouse, well.....man, I'm sorry! She's a wild and crazy kitten! We were coming home one night, and a small, black ball of fuzz skittered across the road. Kevin stopped and I went and called to this fuzzball. She turned and meowed at me. Well. Tell me, what was I to do? We took her to the closest farm. No one answered. I couldn't leave her there with the big, scary dog, could I? So.....home she came. She weighed less than 1/2 a lb. When she was old enough- about 1 month later, she moved upstairs to Joy's room. That didn't last long. She wanted out. The other cats wanted in. So.....out she came. That tiny, little fuzzball rules the roost! When she got so sick in January 2008, I nearly died of worry. By the way, guess who was born during that time? Yeah, Joy. Also, Joy was born in what year? The year of the mouse! Yep. True! Who's Joy's best buddy? Besides Daddy......Yep. Mouse. They had a rousing game of catch the mouse, today. So, Mouse is a special girl. She got me thru the wait when I just couldn't do it anymore. And she continues to keep me going. She also guards Joy's door. When she cries, after her nap or in the morning, Mouse will come running down the stairs and pace until I come up. Then, she leaps over the gate and greets Joy. Joy gets very excited and laughs. Someday, maybe she'll learn not to chase her and yell. Someday.......No clue why that last picture is sideways, or how to remove it or rotate it. Everybody.....turn your monitor. Or, just tilt your head. Much easier. Anyway, Mouse is usually sideways/upside down!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment