Monday, July 6, 2009

night in an airport and BABIES!!!

Well, you know that's not true! Let's start with Sunday....We went to the Temple of Heaven. It's stunning. So beautiful. We spent a lot of time watching the local people. They are so beautiful. They were dancing, making crafts, talking ot just touring. It was such a nice place to be. Next, we went to a pearl market. I got to pick out a crab (I think she meant oyster?) from the tank. It had over 27 pearls in it. I got to keep one! Then....we shopped! Joy will be getting several things in the future. Me, too!!!!! Next, we went to theHard Rock Cafe for lunch and to kill some time until our flight to Nanchang. Once at the airport, the fun really began.
First, it rained. A lot!!!! Then, our flight was delayed. Then.....delayed again. We began to get nervous.......Around 1 a.m., they cancelled it. We got in line for a bus to take us to the hotel. It was insane. It was so disorganized. At one point an employee was beaten up and pushed under the bus! We had already decided, at that point, to stay at the airport. When we went inside, the man was still laying on the ground! No ambulence!
We came inside and tried to get tickets for the next morning. No luck. We had to be there at 5 a.m. So, we all grabbed chairs and camped out. Not much sleep was had. At 4 a.m. we lined up. Rather, we sat on the floor, with all our stuff in front of the ticket line. The flight left at 7:30 a.m. We arrived in Nanchang at 9:30. On the way to our hotel, we got a call that the babies were here! Panic!!!!!
We had 20 minutes to shower/get ready, whatever! We had no luggage, yet. But, we managed to get some stuff together and go! When we walked in, I saw several babies. I kept looking at this one little girl and thinking it must be Joy, but she's so small. But, there was that cowlick. It's in all her pictures. I took some photos of her in case. I just snapped photos of all the girls I could. Kevin went over and asked a man if she was Joy. He said she was. She was trotting around looking things over. She did cry a bit, when Kevin picked her up, but settled down for some Cheerios. When those stopped working, the life-saving Heather gave me some fruit puffs. She loved those! We also had some Pez. When we thought we couldn't go to the hotel first, the life-saving Christina had those. I broke them in half....so don't jump all over me! We were desperate!
So, Miss Joy is asleep on Kevin, right now. She got no nap and had a long trip. She's been pretty good, though. She loves to go to the buffet downstairs. Olives, watermelon and noodles are her faves, right now. She will not take a bottle or sippy cup. Just a regular cup. And she holds it on her own! She calls me "mama" and Kevin "baba". That's daddy in Chinese. She also says "bye-bye". And.....big news for all BTDT's....we had poop! Actually, someone else had it as well. What can I say???? Our group is unusual! Pooping and a night in a Chinese airport.
Well.....I'm off to bed. Joy is snoozing and I'm tired. I've been up since 6 a.m. Sunday morning, remember. Enjoy the pics!!!!!

OK All - I will post pics soon. I'm having a slow computer and have to get the kids to school...sorry!!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker