Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 2 in China - The Great Wall, Cloissone Factory, Acrobatics






What a day we have had! We started out at the Jade Factory. Here they taught us about Jade.....Imagine that! Next.....TheGreat Wall. Technically, I did run up the Wall. About 3 steps. It was hot! Not humid. And there was a breeze. Thanks God!!!! We climbed quite a ways. Kevin went a bit higher than I did, but I went pretty high. It is an amazing thing! There's a photo to take in every direction. It's so beautiful. I had a popsicle. Not sure what it was, really. It looked and tasted like chocolate at first. Until I found the beans......Hmmmm..... But, it was cold. So, down it went!
Next, we went to a Cloissone Factory. Now that's cool. It's made of copper and the design is made by hand w/ tiny pieces of copper. Then, they "paint" it with enamel and fire it 6 times. Then, it's polished. We, perhaps, bought some things...... Next, we stopped and took some pictures of the Olympic Area. That's cool, too. Although, the weather is not! Then, we went to an acrobatics show. That is amazing! I can't believe they can balance like that! Of course, I have a hard time putting one foot in front of the other.....Here's a few photos of the day! Enjoy! Curious George had a few "interesting" moments. I did not put the "White Lightening" picture on his blog! But, I had to take it!


Thanks Lorrie!!!!!!

Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker