13 years ago
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
What's new at home?
Besides me getting frantically ready for Miss Wenwen, that is.........well, since you asked, or rather my dear friend from the frozen tundra of Minnesota (you know who you are :) asked......here it is. I have been working on making more room for our coats. Old houses generally don't have closets. Or at least not many and usually pretty small. We are lucky to have huge closets in our bedrooms, but downstairs......nothing. So, I had Kevin cut some boards for me before he left. I painted them and got some coat hooks. I am still waiting on a few more hooks, but it looks pretty decent. And we can hang more coats! I have also finally gotten Wenwen's blanket finished! Her room is actually looking pretty nice. Strangely the wall color is an exact match for Target's shabby chic line and they so nicely put a lot of it on clearance this past month. Her room is so pretty! I hope she likes it! I am working on a lampshade, too. Her lamp is a Beleek lamp I bought at Goodwill several years ago. I rewired it, but it still needs a shade. Luckily I had some old shades that look perfect on it, but they are white. That won't really work on a cream colored lamp. But, the dust ruffle came in a little bag made of the same fabric as the dust ruffle.....which got me to thinking.....what if I ripped the bag apart and used the fabric to recover the shade? I've got it all apart, so I will start messing with it tomorrow......after I re-shovel the driveway............again............last year we had Joy's pool out because it was 80 degrees............just sayin'............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2013
(67)
-
▼
March
(15)
- Happy Easter!
- The snow is always better on the other side of the...
- Julia....one week in
- Sooooo.....how's it going?
- Julia is home!
- In the midst of joy....sadness
- Many firsts for Miss Julia
- Blog is down...
- Medical Appointment and Mass
- X'ian and illness
- What's new at home?
- It's official!
- Family Day!
- Zhengzhou
- Beijing
-
▼
March
(15)

Everything looks great!! I bet your excitement level is THRU the roof!!
ReplyDelete-Beka =)