Friday, September 4, 2009

Blocks







Recently-last Thursday, Joy discovered her blocks were good for other things besides carrying around the house. You can build stuff with them. Better yet, mama can build stuff and you can knock it down! I used to cry when she knocked down my creations, but this no longer works. She just laughs at me. Oh! The cruelty! Anyways......We've been making a lot of towers, lately. Joy can stack 5-6 blocks by herself! She sometimes will stagger the blocks in order to balance the weight, so they don't fall over. Do other kids do that???? She also gets that she can't touch the tower to put a block on the top, or it will fall. You should see her try to keep her tummy out of the way. She sneaks up to the tower and carefully places a block on top. Pretty funny.

She's been talking up a storm, too. Yesterday, we actually had a conversation about the train. Whenever we hear the train come through, I say, " I hear the train, it goes 'choo, choo.' " So, yesterday, the train came and I said, "I hear the train." And Joy says, "It goes choo, choo." She also shakes her head yes or no. I aksed her if she wanted Mouse to be afraid because she was yelling at her, and she shook her head no and petted her very gently. Mouse actually leaned against her and purred. Then, Joy screamed in excitement and the moment was over.

She's come a long way, and we haven't had her 2 months yet! She's a pretty amazing little girl!

1 comment:

  1. She so adorable! These are great pictures. She looks like she having alot of fun. I can't wait to visit you and Kevin when I get back to Chicago. Please keep the blog going!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker