Sunday, March 22, 2015

Home!!!!!

It went by so fast and it all seems very surreal....but Julia is home and tonight we have 4 Farrells in our house, as Joy would say.  There was a moment of concern this morning after Julia got to sit up for the first time.  There was some fluid on her sheet.  The Neurologist on call arrived and checked things out and decided to wait and watch.  Joy and I arrived around 1 and I got to watch Julia take her first walk down the hall!  She did great!  She was a bit dizzy and weak, but trotted right down the hall.  Next she went back to bed and the Neurosurgeon came back to check her again.  She was deemed ready to go and her nurse started getting things ready.  It took forever to get a wheelchair but finally one arrived and home we came.  She did just fine on the ride home and I've checked her back a few times and everything looks good.  Tonight she is sound asleep down on the sofa and quite happy to be home.  No more tears from worrying about the surgery.....all done!  Now to get better so we can play!  Pictures to come tomorrow......this mama is done for today!  After I wake Julia up in 15 minutes for a pill.....then I am done!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker