Friday, March 20, 2015

Answered prayers

From the moment I knew Julia would have to go thru this surgery, things had a strange way of falling into place.  First the Dr. was headed for vacation....exactly 2 weeks after her surgery. Which means there would be plenty of time to have our follow up appointment.  Next, the surgery date fell right before spring break.  Next, the surgery date was actually the last day of school before conferences and then spring break.  This means Julia only misses 1 day of school before surgery.  And her class went on a field trip.  It was the only thing she missed.  Daddy Daughter dance.....she got to go.....jump rope a thon...... check....Joy's spring sing......there.....muffins with mom.....she will be there......Easter......she will most likely be home and ready.....Then there was the dura situation and the possibility of being in the hospital for 10-12 days.....and then more bed rest.  I was praying for good enough dura so she wouldn't need a drain and a long stay here......check.  I prayed for all function to stay the same or improve.....check.  I prayed for the contractures to disappear.....not sure on that one but they sure look straight and they aren't stiff anymore.  I prayed she could come home earlier.......Dr. Bowman was just here and she is planning on a Sunday release!!!!!  I asked about school and she said after she sees her on the 31st she will probably be okay to go to school.  We'll have to see......So.....things have fallen into place so nicely.  God's got big plans for this girl!  Thanks for praying......He's listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker