Well, the little empress is growing up! Today her and I were tossing a basketball into her little hoop. I, of course, missed. She grabs the ball, looks at me as if I am the saddest case in the world and says: "I shall teach you." No kidding. The little beast! Where does she get this stuff? She says all kinds of things. Generally she calls me "mom." Sometimes "Mama." She calls Kevin "Daddy." But, when she is irritated (like when she's not getting what she doesn't know she wants yet) she will call us (in the loudest possible voice) "honey, sweetie, Kevin, Mia or father." Uh huh. Like I said, where does she get this stuff????? Geesh! She changes her mind constantly. One second she's all done with lunch. The next second she's mad as a wet hen because I threw out her soggy pretzels. Mercy! She's big into carrying around the cats. They are in hiding. Her favorite movie is Aristocats and she loves to watch Sid the Science Kid and Blues Clues. I think (fingers crossed and prayers uttered) that I have figured out her sleeping. She used to need complete darkness and she'd sleep from 9:30-10:30, with a 2 hour nap. Then, it stopped. She was waking up several times a night, freaking out at bedtime and getting up at all hours. This has been going on since the end of May. I don't do well on 3 hours of sleep. And certainly not for 3 months! So, I took down her blackout drapes and put up her lacey curtains. She loves them! Me too! So much brighter. And, one night, I left the bathroom light on all night. And she slept thru!!!! I've left it on for 5 nights now and, except for a burned out bulb, all is well. But, there is sleep!!!!!!!!!!!! She just informed me she would like some "blueblerry pie." Cute, ain't she?
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment