Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pretty Ponies and an owie!
















So.....Here's the deal. We took Joy to Woodstock yesterday. The plan was to meet a friend for lunch and then visit with my family. As we arrive at the Woodstock Square, I (from now on known as the queen of grace) managed to fall while standing next to the car. This goes along with the time I threw my back out while washing my hair. Shoot me now.......sigh....... Anyways......After screaming and yowling for an eternity, and attracting the attention of several people, I managed to walk into the restaurant. I never miss a meal. Obviously. As I walk into the restaurant, the waitress says, "Oh, are you the one who fell?" Lovely. You know me. I hate to attract attention. I am a float-stuffer. Not a cheerleader. So, we had lunch. Then we had a nice walk around the Square. They have these carousel horses all over the place. Various artists have painted them and they will be sold, at some point, I guess. Anyone want to buy one? Seriously. What would you do with it??? We took some pictures of Joy on some of them. I think she was more interested in running on the grass, but she didn't mind riding a few ponies.

So, on to my mom's. I spent the afternoon laying on the couch with an ice pack on my ankle. By the time we left, it was killing me. We went to the E.R. After several hours (I despise E.R.'s for that reason), I was sent on my way with a splint, crutches and someone else's x-rays. I'm not broken. Just slightly twisted. No one is surprised by this. Hmmm.... So, I am living a life of luxury. Not. Yes, Kevin does occasionally bring me things, but there's just too much to do. Like vacuuming. And the watering of my plants. And dishes. And laundry. And Joy. Who, by the way, is enjoying all the mom can't run after me time. She is a stinker! But, she does come over, look at my ankle and say, "MMMMmm momma" and give me kisses. Okay. I may have to keep her. She is stinkin cute. Just check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker