Today we have been home with Joy for 1 month. She's changed so much in that time! Not her personality. She's still silly, stubborn, sneaky, hungry, wild, cranky and basically, nuts. But, she's also more confident, playful and calm. She no longer screams for 8 hours each night-thank God. In fact, lately, she complains briefly, plays and falls asleep. She is doing much better with her behavior, too. She likes rules. Not at first, but after awhile, she will smile and hug when she does something nice. Although, there are still the odd timeouts for hitting my kitties. Poor Trina, in particular, is her favorite to abuse. She has a lot of new words, too. Recently, we've heard: bye-bye, knees, head, Trina, Mow (for Mouse), done, toes and grandma. She has also figured out how to go down the stairs. 3 different ways! And, this morning, she learned how to scoot herself forward on a toy. This has taken her awhile to learn. But, once she learns something, she's got it and will come up with different ways to do it. She also has her first cold. I have to say, she's a good patient. She's her usual happy self. With snot! Ick!
She's done so much in the past month, too. She's been to the beach, the zoo, Blackberry farm, Grandma and Grandpa's, visiting/making new friends, hiking, Dairy Joy, Fermi Lab, swimming, she's baked cookies w/ Daddy and pie with Mommy. She's eaten tons of new foods. Raspberry shortcake being her favorite, I think. I think she's put on some weight, too. She seems rounder! She's become very "creative" with her eating, too. Check her out! You wear what you eat!

WOW- a month already, and I haven't made it down the whole block we live from each other to see her live in person. I must come over this week. I will.
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll! Can't wait for her to come to school to see Daddy and all of us!
ReplyDeleteVikki Stella
NNHS