Let me just be clear.......there are no actual 2 year olds in our house! Nope. Not a one. But, there is a little girl who is nearly 10 who acts very much like one. Toddler behavior is alive and well. Light sockets are for fingers......thankfully not too often.....and, yes, the plugs things are back in! Food can easily be eaten off the floor......yucko! Soap dispensers are to be filled with water at all times.......sigh......school bathrooms are fabulous for filling sinks with water and soap.......and then covering your face with soap bubbles.........color down.............twice........in the same day.............Cash registers have loads of buttons for pushing........she doesn't go shopping with me often.........And today's incident........her hair......she now has bangs..............I am not happy..............her First Communion is next month..............She really wants her head shaved.............yep.................shaved....... .I said no to that, but we came to a compromise.........after her First Communion, I would take her to the girl who cuts my hair and have her do Julia's hair in a cute, short hair cut......maybe a chin length bob? She agreed and was happy......so I thought......today she said she was taking a nap and went upstairs. Awhile later in she trots sporting bangs..........she found a pair of old nail scissors in a drawer (yes, all the other scissors are kept up high and downstairs) and gave herself bangs. Slightly crooked and too short. And you know what? She will be wearing them that way for her First Communion, all summer and for her 3rd grade school picture. I will not fix them. Nope. Kevin says I am mean, but I think a lesson is in order. Not that she grasps the lesson currently......no....she is absolutely clueless.......no idea that she did anything wrong.......sigh.......but, someday she will look back on this next year and wonder why she did her own hair................she looked so pretty..............now she looks like a little Dutch boy....................GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment