These were the first words out of Julia's mouth this morning. Today marks one year since Kevin met Julia in China. One year ago today she walked away from the life she knew and came with a complete stranger. She says she was scared and sad. She had no idea what he was saying and she was sad to be leaving her friends. She says she and her best friend thought they were being adopted together. It seems they had prayed for that and when she was told she had a family she assumed they both did. Sadly, he is still there. But she is very excited today! Family Day is pretty important stuff......every bit as big as a birthday! And we have cake! Herself wanted a heart shaped cake......thank goodness I have a heart shaped pan! It needed to be pink......I can do pink! And.....the cake needed to be green............green? Ooooookay...........I did say she could have anything......idiot Mom......anyways....this morning I asked her again about the green cake and she said she meant yellow. Phew!!!!!!!!! So, we have cake! And she wants to go out for pizza, so pizza it is! I have a few presents waiting for her and a couple for Joy, too. Today Joy became a little sister and that's pretty big too. Here's a few pics of Julia then and now!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment