Monday, August 12, 2013

The last few days of summer.......sob!

As much as I try to make summer last until the first snowflake falls, it just doesn't.  Kevin is done with summer school, the school supplies are starting to pile up and tonight I went to school and sat at Joy's desk and looked around her classroom.  How can it be that my little baby girl will be trotting thru those doors next week and we will be apart all day long?  As much as I can't wait for some time to clean this house and organize, I will miss her little face popping out from behind something or the chairs moving from the dining room into the kitchen so she can reach her stash of gum.  I will miss our freedom of heading to Grandma's for the afternoon or just sitting on the porch and looking for the birds...........sigh...........She has a small class.....only 15 kids and her desk is right by the door (I wonder how often she will dart out the door) and she shares it with 2 little girls and a boy.  I wonder if she will like them........will they like her?  I saw her little name tag next to the chore chart......I wonder what will be her favorite.......probably any of them.....she just loves to be in charge of things.....all things......will she cry that second day, when I drop her at the door and leave?  I know I will drive home in tears and then lay on the couch and sob.......I hope she doesn't.......she's tougher than me.......she's been dropped off before...........will she know this time is different????  I will be there after school.........right on time......with cookies!  Everything's okay if there's cookies, right?  Right.  Sigh............
So, enough of that for now!  Since summer school has ended we have Baptized Julia, lost 2 teeth (actually only Joy on that one), spent the night in a cabin in the woods, walked in the mist, watched the Vikings play at the Metrodome and swam at Grandma and Grandpa's.  Next up: the beach, a visit to the train museum and who knows what else.  Daddy always has plans! 


1 comment:

  1. Beautifull post, I am sad too, and together we will start this new journey together

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker