Thursday, August 22, 2013

It happened so fast....

You hear that all the time, don't you?  Whether it's an accident or your wedding day.....it happens so fast.  This morning is Joy's first full day of school.  I didn't get to go with.  She went alone.  For 4 years I have been picturing this day and I knew I would dread it as it got closer.  Cause as much as she makes me nuts............I adore her! Her goofy personality.....her wiggle butt dance.....the way she always wants to help me bake something....I wasn't at all sure what to expect from her (or me) this morning........but, she was up early (5:45) and ready to go!  She helped pack up her bag and grabbed an umbrella and was out the door!  Julia followed.  We drove to school where, as soon as I opened the door, they raced off.  Literally raced into the school.  Granted it was raining, but...............I was happy to see familiar, friendly faces waiting to greet them!  It does help that I worked there for 6 years.........I know who they're with all day and they know them.  But.............it's too quiet.........bumblebee is sitting on the couch...........she didn't even take him in the car.........monkey is here, too..........forgotten in the excitement of school..........and I didn't even get a picture........cause it happened so fast...............sigh..............is it 3 o'clock yet??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker