Wednesday, August 21, 2013

School!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.......today was the first day of school for both girls...........and, no...........I did not cry!!!   They were both so excited to go I could hardly cry and ruin the fun, right?  Never fear..........I shall cry tomorrow!  Anyways..........I hauled them both out of bed at the ridiculous hour of 7 a.m......there were many groans and Julia actually cried.  She is not a morning person!  Our little routine went well and we were in the car at 8:05.  We got a close parking space at the school and we managed to haul all our stuff onto the playground.  Then we waited.  We found Julia's class and there were several lovely people there to help her and they had some ideas on how to help her.  We gave her lots of hugs and kisses and went back to Joy's class.  Finally we went inside and Joy sat at her desk and we found her locker and put her things away.  Then we toured the school.  Then we were done!  Off to the park and home to make special cookies.  Joy asked many times when we could go get Julia, but she was fine.  She made the cookies and had a tea party all planned for her sister.  I heard Julia had a blast and especially loved her music class.  Shocker!  I was told she missed us A LOT and kept asking for Joy.  She was soooooo happy to see us after school!  I think she thought she would be living there.  When we came home she said, "I go school tomorrow?"  I told her yes.  "Joy go school tomorrow?"  Yes, again.  "Joy and me come home tomorrow, too?"  Of course!!!!!!!  You come home every day!  "Oh......that not so bad.........I like school."  Poor girl thought I had dropped her off and was never coming back.  So.....home for the tea party and showing me all her papers she had in her bag.  Daddy brought home Chinese for dinner to celebrate and then they hit the park.  Both of them are tired, but Julia nearly fell asleep right when she got home!  It was a long day for her.  Her backpack knocks her over!  Not that it's heavy....she's just not strong enough for it.  More muscles please!  So.....a good day!  Pray for tomorrow to be good too!  Joy keeps so much bottled up........I never know how she'll handle things.  She seems super happy to be going, but then there's that very still, silent face she gets sometimes and I know she's terrified.  I think she'll love it after we get thru the first couple days.  They play a lot and there are tons of kids to play with!  She's a social butterfly!  She'll be holding court in no time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker