Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The zoo
















Don't you love it when you discover a new place? Sometimes it's a park. Sometimes a store. Sometimes it's a new place to snuggle in with a book. Yesterday we found a new zoo. Kevin had promised Joy that we'd go to the zoo on Tuesdsay. She doesn't forget. He was thinking Lincoln Park's zoo. But, then we didn't get our act together until 1 p.m. Hardly the time to head into Chicago. So, we considered Brookfield. But, same deal as far as traffic. And then, somewhere in the far reaches of my memory, I thought Aurora. Didn't someone mention they had a small zoo???? So.......I Googled. And.....yes! Zoo! So, off we went! It's 1/2 an hour away and free! There was hardly anyone there and it's lovely. Tulips everywhere and cool animals. We saw River Otters (Joy's favorite), Bald Eagles, wolves, pythons, alligators, crocs, turtles, a turkey, ducks, geese, elk and, my favorite (you know how I am), cougars! Kitties are soooo cool. Even the big ones. Joy had the best time racing around and sitting on benches. She has to try them all, you know! We spent about an hour there and headed home. Just in time for a nap! We've decided we will be going there again. It's quiet, clean, beautiful and the animals are amazing. There's also a huge playground next door, for when Joy is a little older. I'm thinking picnic!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker