Monday, April 19, 2010

Boys


So, I got this email from my sister today. It was not the touchy, feely, I miss you dearly type. Nor was it a silly joke to brighten my day. Oh, no. Not my sister. It was titled "Slacker". You see where she's headed here. Then she proceeds to moan about how Easter was 2 weeks ago and I've not posted since then. Now, I am still partially in possesion of some of my faculties, and am well aware of when Easter occurred. And, I do know I have not posted since then. Geesh! I don't see her hosting a blog on her life. And she has 4 little girls under 1 small roof. There must be tales to be told there. Truthfully, not much has been going on. We've just been enjoying the nice weather. The little empress does have some new words. One of which is "boys". After a slight disagreement with a little boy in the grocery store a few weeks ago, I taught my darling little girl that not all kids are babies. And some get a little cranky when you call them that. So, I taught her "boy" and "girl". Well, Joy being Joy, took that little piece of info. and ran with it. She has a fondness for boys, you see. I have to think she knew a young boy in China. Possibly another foster child. Anyway, she loves boys. She has many "boyfriends." We are in trouble! She loves to use this new word all the time. Last week I took her to Kevin's school for lunch and she saw some male students (the dreaded "boys") walking to lunch. So she yells out, "Boys!" as loud as she can. Kind of embarassing. Oh, but I didn't respond with enough enthusiasm. So then she yells out, "Mom. Boys!" I am so tired......

2 comments:

  1. too funny...the little stinker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't feel bad about the posting thing, I'm so behind, too! I just posted for the first time since March 5th, lol, and I am just getting back in the habit of stalking again!

    I love the "Boys!" yell. Ciara just figured out there's a difference between girls and boys and is making it her mission to tell everyone exactly what it is! LOL

    Can't wait to finally see you/meet you in person at the Zoo!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker