And I'm not kidding. This post was supposed to be a fun one about our leaving for Florida, but it wasn't meant to be, I guess. Tuesday night I suddenly got a sore lump in my throat and a fever. I trotted myself straight to the Dr. the next day. He said it was a blocked salivary gland and sent me on my way with antibiotics and strict instructions to suck on lemon drops. Really. They stimulate the salivary glands, which will help unblock them. That night my tongue and mouth started to hurt. I thought perhaps I'd bitten them in my sleep. The next day I realized they were caker sores. OUCH! I called the Dr., again. He said salt water rinses and some sort of numbing paste. Okay! But, during the night, things just got worse. I had sores on my tonsils and throat. I couldn't swallow. I really wanted to die. So....guess who I went to see???? Yep! My Dr. Poor man. He must be soooo tired of me. He took one look at my mouth and said, "Don't freak out. You have Shingles." Lovely. I now have more medication than a nursing home. I'm sooooo tired. I'm soooooo sore. I'm absolutely sick about not going to Florida. We are planning on going this summer, but still. And I'm hungry! Not being able to swallow easily or chew really puts a damper on eating. It's the new dieting rage! Haven't you heard about it? So, no cheery vacation posts. Just me whining about my current problem. Sorry! Maybe a couple prayers would help???? Joy is upset about my being sick. She comes to me, hugs me, pats my face and says, "Awww, Mama. Sick. Awww. Nice." She's very sweet. Poor Kevin gets stuck with everything. The cooking, cleaning, dealing with Joy's anger over the change in her life (me not being around as much)....He's me! Joy's language has taken a big leap, again, too. This morning she said, "Bye. I'll miss you." She's saying a lot of, "I sit" or "I'm me" or "I need." It's neat to hear her little voice. I just wish I'd feel better. Okay. Off to take more medicine! That was supposed to say off to Florida.....
13 years ago

Oh no... can I do anything for you?? Call me if you need me.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!