And yet another first day of school has come and gone! Joy was excited and stoic and Julia walked onto the playground, saw one of her teachers and yelled, "I'm scared!!!!!!" Nothing shy about that girl! But, she got a big hug from her 2nd grade teacher and her beloved Mrs. M was right there waiting for her and she was pretty happy to see some familiar faces. She did just fine. Joy too, has some friends in her class and seemed happy. After school I heard many stories about their new teachers and their new schedules. I think Joy is going to like her teacher a lot. She's the dance coach at the high school and Joy loves to dance. She said they danced in class today! Yay! The jury is still out on Julia's feelings for her teacher. She said she yells.......maybe.....we'll see. Julia tends to think anyone issuing directions is yelling. But they are both very happy tonight and excited to go back tomorrow......so good start! And.............no homework!!!!!!!!!
Also......thinking about my Dad as today is his special day.....not really for us, I guess, but for him! And continued prayers for my aunt, who is undergoing some very rough health issues right now. Pray on all!!!!!!!!!
I am glad they had a great first day!
ReplyDeleteStarla