Friday, December 20, 2013

Mama's girl

Well.....remember that trip North we had planned?  As often happens things changed.  On Monday Mouse was yowling and seemed to be having some problems going potty.  I suspected a urinary tract infection and got her an appointment with the vet.  He checked her out and determined that she did indeed have one.  So meds for her....which poses a problem....someone has to give her these meds......yeah.....me.......so, okay I will stay behind, take care of herself and get things ready for the big day.  Then Julia got sick.....sigh....mega doses of vitamin C and Elderberry for all!  Today I spent the day wrapping the rest of the gifts, packing a suitcase for the girls and Kevin and planning my attack on the weekend.  Oh, and watching the weather.  So, the girls arrive home, Kevin arrives home, car is loaded and we have hugs kisses.....and tears......tears?  Many tears.  They left.  They came back.  They left again......with 2 screaming little girls.  I can't tell you how it ripped my heart out to hear them screaming as Kevin drove off.  More tears.......mine this time.  A moment later they are back.  Joy is hysterical and will not leave.  She is drenched in sweat and sobbing.  Daddy isn't happy.  We decide to have dinner together and regroup.  Julia wants to go.  Joy does not.  So off they go and Joy stays behind.  Throughout the evening I have seen the tension drain from her little body.  Why?  No idea.  Maybe she just needed some home time.  Maybe she just needs some Mommy time.  Whatever it is she is very happy to be home, snuggled on the couch with me and watching a movie.  The little girl who wanted nothing to do with Mommy is long gone and in her place a sweet little girl who just wants to snuggle with Mom, help me clean, make cookies and sleep in my bed.......wait.....what?



1 comment:

  1. Awe... poor Joy. You know I could have given your cat it's meds...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker