Last Thursday we were heading to gymnastics and Joy fell asleep. Kindergarten is exhausting ya know! When this happens Julia has full control of the conversation and likes to yack away about various things that are crossing thru that pretty, little head of hers. This chat started when we drove by the middle school:
Julia: "Who go that school?"
Me: "That's where the 6th, 7th and 8th graders go after they leave your school."
Julia: "Oh......no 9 grade?"
Me: "9th grade is highshool. They go to the big highschool by us."
Julia: "I go highschool? Then done?"
Me: "You will go to highschool and then college."
Julia: "What college?"
Me: "College is where you go to learn how to be a doctor or a nurse or a lawyer.....whatever you want."
Julia: "I no want be doctor! I want be biker chick."
Me: "You can be a biker chick (please God, no) but they don't pay you for that. You have to learn to be something that will pay the bills."
Julia: "Oh.......I be Mom?"
Me: "You will probably be a mom someday."
Julia: "I want to live with you."
Me: "You can live with me as long as you want to, sweetie. But, I would bet you will want to get married and live in your own house when you grow up."
Julia: "I can't be a Mom.............I have no purse!"
Me: "I imagine we can get you a purse when the time comes."
Julia: "Oh....okay........I have no car! I can't be mom with no car! You give me this car......I need keys! You die I get keys? You die I wake you up and get keys from you!"
Me: "If this car is still running when you become a mom I will give you the keys."
Julia: "Okay."
She's funny, yes? Sigh.................
13 years ago

Oh my gosh!!! Love it! That is just the greatest conversation Maria!
ReplyDelete