Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Well.......it happened again........months of planning.......definite ideas.....and candy.......oh, but to make it more interesting this year we had 65 degrees and rain.....lots of rain.  And this year was different because the girls are both in school, so there were parties and a costume parade.  Oh, and.....it was Julia's first Halloween, too!  She was very excited!  So, I packed up their costumes and sent them off to school.  In the afternoon I gathered my boat (I kid;) and my umbrella and headed over to the school for the parade.  I got a couple pictures of Julia, who gladly stopped and waved at me......and I got several blurry shots of Joy.....who did not want me taking her picture....sigh......and then we headed home to monitor the radar and plan our attack.  Finally the rain paused and we headed out.  Julia had a blast and tried out her new AFO.....did I mention that before?  Yes.....she has improved so much that her Orthotist made her a new and smaller AFO!  And in a few weeks we go back to pick up shoe inserts!  These will allow her to build calf muscles while keeping her ankles straight.   Okay....back to Halloween......they both came home with tons of candy and very tired.  They both met several friends from school while we were out and at one point one of the moms said they were like celebrities.....hee, hee.....everyone knows them, I guess.......thankfully I have heard nothing but compliments from their teachers......phew!  I had concerns......yes I did.....sigh......  Julia was a biker chick and Joy was a princess and they were super cute!  Check them out!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker