Tuesday, June 25, 2013

AFO's!!!!

Well, the long-awaited day has arrived!  AFO day!  Julia has been eagerly awaiting these.  She wants to run ya know!  So, this morning, after spending some more quality time in the basement (really.....it is getting old), we headed off to Westchester to pick up Julia's AFO's.  After some trimming and minor adjuments, she got to take them for a test walk!  She was afraid to fall at first, but quickly realized she was okay.  She then ditched us and went off to the bathroom with Joy.  No problem!  Next we had lunch with Daddy and then Julia and I hit the shoe store.  It wasn't easy, but we found some shoes that kind of work.  I need to find a way to add more holes for shoelaces or a way to extend the Velcro strap.  Any thoughts, oh you crafty, smart people?????  We need REALLY wide shoes!  Anyway.....herself is very happy with her new look and her mother can't wait to see how far she's going to go!  She has come soooo far in just 3 months.  The sky's the limit, right?  Right!  And she is taller, too!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Julia is doing so well. I look forward to seeing what the girls have been up to lately. Love her AFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo Hoooo!! I'll expect to see her running by any day!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker