Friday, September 14, 2012

Late summer, the fair and sunshine!

I think this is the best time of year.  It is warm and sunny.  But, not hot and sticky.  The soy beans turn the nicest shade of brown and the corn is such a pretty gold against the bluest sky.  The tomatoes are producing like crazy and I love to see them sitting on my window sill.  I am starting to get things ready for winter and there's a certain satisfaction in doing up veggies, cleaning the basement and organizing things so that all my plants can fit back inside the house.  This year something else keeps creeping into my tiny brain.  Or I should say someone.  Wen Wen.  I keep thinking, "Next year Wen Wen will come to the fair with us.....next year she will need a fall coat....next year we will take her to the park to see the geese.....next year................next year Joy will go to kindergarten..........Kindergarten.  How did that happen so fast?  We will talk about that another day...sigh.......
Another late summer event is the fair.  We went to the fair last week.  Joy visited with the chickens, petted all the bunnies and had a deep conversation with a sheep.  She was very excited to see the goats (that's my girl!) and I was excited to see some cows facing forward.  Why is it they always face the cows butt-side out?  No one wants to see that side!  Plus, I am pretty sure it could be dangerous.  We had a very nice time and Joy is pretty happy to bring Wen Wen there next year.  And she's pretty hopeful that she will be tall enough for the rides.  She has big plans! 




So, how are you spending late summer?  Any country drives planned?  Sunsets?  Just sitting on the porch, listening to the birds????  I  might just join you!   MMMmmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker