Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fears and Joy's understanding

Okay.  So....everyone has something they are afraid of, right?  Some people hate clowns.  Why? They're so friendly and silly.  But, some people are afraid.  Some people are afraid of snakes.  Not that I want one in bed with me or anything, but they really don't scare me.  Of course if one were to drop down on me and slither into my shirt, it might be a totally different story.  Some people are afraid of death.  Not that I want to die anytime soon, but I figure I have many furry friends waiting for me and my Dad and Grandparents are waiting too.  Can't be bad, right?  But, there is one thing (okay there are a few) that absolutely freaks me out.  HATE them.  Balloons.  That's right.  Those colorful, happy things that everyone loves to have at parties.  I hate them.  They always explode when I'm nearby.  Always.  It's a freaky guarantee.  Never fails.  So, when we were at the fair a couple weeks ago, there was a man giving out balloons to all the kids.  Well, Joy wanted one.  I tried to keep calm and let her have her fun.  But, I just couldn't do it.  I really did try to get over it.  I couldn't.  I whined.  I walked far ahead.  I didn't like it one bit.  And I was really mad at Kevin for placing me in this position.  Now Joy would be disappointed and mad.  Who could blame her?  Her nutty mother hates balloons.  But, do you know what happened?  Joy took that balloon right back to that man and told him she didn't want it.  I asked her why she did that.  She said she didn't want me to be afraid of the balloon and I was her best friend, so she took it back.  Not one tear.  My happiness was much more important to her than the balloon.  She said she understood because Daddy has a gorilla mask that she is afraid of and I always take it away from Daddy so she isn't afraid anymore.  See?  There are flashes of the amazing lady she will be some day!  And she will be amazing.  Darnit....where's my tissues...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker