13 years ago
Friday, June 15, 2012
Overwhelmed
Ever feel like you're being pulled in every direction? And then someone asks one teeny, tiny thing of you and then you just cry? That's where I am this week. Around Mother's Day I noticed one of my cats was hanging her tongue out the side of her mouth. She always has her tongue hanging out, so I wasn't too concerned. In the next couple weeks the drooling began. Uh oh......bad teeth......so, after waiting a couple days (and praying things would just clear up) I hauled her in to the vet. She only has 2 teeth left, but I figured the time had come to have those removed, too. The vet looked her over and said her teeth were fine, but because she has no bottom teeth to keep her 2 top teeth in place, they were shifting downwards and it was probably bothering her. Hence the drooling. So, we got some antibiotics (just in case) and off we went. Happy!!!!! Well, a week later the meds were gone and she was no better really......and then there's the sore I discovered on her tongue. Back we went. She's 14 and oral cancer is probably the culprit. She is miserable and I feel sick. And, of course, it's the weekend. No cancer specialist until Monday. Not that I am going to save her no matter what. I just want to make sure cancer is what we're dealing with. For those of you without pets, I know you're what you're thinking.......I do not want to hear it. The cats are part of our family. God's creatures which, I believe, He would like us to take care of. So, I will do my best. So, there's my biggest concern right now. There is also a visit from the social worker tomorrow, the dossier to get notarized, certified and authenticated and Father's Day -not my favorite holiday this year :( and my house is a mess. Oh, and then there's my front porch......I am pretty sure it is falling off the house. I am tired and crabby. Sometimes it just seems like there's waaay too much on the 'ole plate.......and then you're handed another helping. Could ya cut me some slack, already? Please! So, maybe a prayer or two, if ya have a moment?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh no..... I"m sorry about your kitty. Hoping things are not as bad as you are afraid.
ReplyDeleteIf I know you, you'll pull it all together and all will come off great. I was just wondering what was happening on the other side of the world.