There comes a time, okay......several times......like over and over and over......sigh......anyway, back to my thought.....there comes a time in a mommy's life when you realize that your baby is growing up. My first clue is clothes. I keep having to haul out bigger ones. No more ruffly butt diaper covers.....in fact, not as many ruffles. Then, it's potty training. No more changing table. Now it's the crib. I know. She's 4 years old. She belonged in a big girl bed awhile ago. But, she was having none of it and I didn't push it. But, Sunday Kevin decided this was it. Joy went along with it, so I was out-voted. Herself was very excited about her big bed, her mother may have shed a little tear...........maybe. Anyway, she is very happy with her new bed, which isn't so new.....it was mine before her and Grandma's before me. She has a lovely quilt from Grandma and all her favorite pillow pets (she has 3, now) on it and is very happy that the cats seem to like her bed, too. Today she started soccer and trotted right out across the gym to join her teammates......sigh.....as she keeps telling me, "Mom, I can do it. I'm a very capable glirl.....no biggie deal." Not to her, maybe..............
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment