Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Re-arranging









Have you ever bought something (one semi-small darned thing) that required an entire overhaul of the inside of your home? Geesh! A month or so ago, Kevin decided (not for the first time) that we really "needed" a new TV. I guess football just isn't the same game on a 19" TV???? I wouldn't know......So, Menards had TV's on sale....and we just happened to be in there....and we just happened to buy a new TV. The thing is, it's 40".....a bit bigger than the old TV. Of course, it required immediate set-up. So, for a few weeks, it balanced (precariously) on the old TV stand. It made me very nervous with Joy pointing at things and dancing in front of it. It needed to have a new home. How handy of St. Peter's Barn Sale to come along......just in time! I was in the door when it opened and headed straight for the entertainment centers.....hoping, but not really expecting to find something I could make work. Well! It was my lucky day! They had loads of them! The second one I looked at was perfect! I ripped my taggy off and started hunting for someone in charge. I didn't even measure it! Gasp! I prayed all the way home that our TV would fit!!!! It did! Exactly. It's perfect! I love my new cabinet! Is it weird to hug furniture? Okay. Then I did not do that......maybe.....$50, though.....$50! But, I've had to do some re-arranging. But, you know, I like it! I keep looking around and thinking our house is finally starting to look right. It's kind of been in a holding pattern for 8 years, but now, it's starting to look right. Finally! Now.....I need curtains!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL... did you see my most recent blog post.... a similar experience, but NOT such a great deal!! Love the new cabinet, but then, I could easily become a cabinet hoarder...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker