Friday, June 3, 2011

Reunions




























For me reunions were always getting together with family, playing and eating loads of yummy stuff. I looked forward to them. I still do! When we brought Joy home, we joined a new family. The adoption community. This an amazing group of people who, for whatever reason, have chosen to build their families thru adoption. These people have spent countless hours filling out paperwork, making appointments, dreaming, saving money, preparing homes and then working really hard to teach a child about family. It's hard work. But, so well worth it! Trust me-Joy gives the best hugs! So, on Memorial Day weekend, our adoption agency holds a reunion. Everyone who can attend is there and we all get a chance to see how everyone is growing and doing. It is the best! The kids get to see each other and play. They love it! It is a celebration of them!


This year, one of our travel group buddies, couldn't be there. They are leaving for China to bring home another daughter. We are super excited for them! So, we stopped in to visit them on our way to the reunion. Joy loves their girls and couldn't wait to see them. She wasted no time in getting her coat off and playing. I think they all had a good time, even though our visit was short. We will see them next year! With 4 girls!!!! Imagine the giggles!


This reunion was extra special for me, too! The day we received our referral, another mommy posted her referral on Rumor Queen. I thought it was neat that our daughters were both from the same SWI and had birthdays very close together. She sent me a message and we found we had the same agency. We have talked every day for 2 years. But, we had never met. So, this reunion was extra special because we got to meet! Finally! I wish there would have been more time, though. It's hard to yack when there's a couple little girls wanting to go every which way!


So, we had fun! Kevin played the undefeated Zhou in Ping Pong (he's still undefeated), we checked out all the animals at the zoo, we ate and we visited with as many of our travel buddies as we could find. I am already looking forward to going next year! I can't wait to see who our little girls are becoming. I can't wait to meet the new little girl who will be coming home in the next couple weeks. And I can't wait to get me one of those tastey bagels they have. I'm all about the snacks!!!!!! Oh! And one more thing! I can't wait to get a picture of Susan and I. How could it be that we waited 2 years to meet each other and no one took a picture? I didn't take the picture of Heather and our girls, either......one of her lovely daughters did.............I am such a slacker.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker