Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The stockings were hung.......







With Christmas coming at us at full speed, we have been very busy! There is shopping to be done, cookies to be baked, a tree to be decorated, decorations to be put up and parties to prepare for. And then there's the day to day stuff like laundry, groceries, well....you get the picture. We are getting there! The first Christmas after we sent in our paperwork (that would have been 2005), I bought some things for our baby. One of those things was a stocking. Every year, I hang our stockings up and sigh, as I pack away our baby's stocking. I think to myself, "Maybe next year." Sad. Well, this year, things are different! Our baby is here, and she helped hang her stocking! She was very excited about it, too. She doesn't understand, yet, what it's for, but she's very happy to have "her own" and hang it up. We also got our Christmas tree. Joy seems to be totally uninterested in it. She'll be more interested when it has ornaments on it, I'd guess. Anyways....we are just working our way towards Christmas. Kevin will be done with school on Friday, we have our family Progressive dinner on Saturday and the Christmas Sleepover with 2 of our nieces this weekend. Should be fun!!!! I know 2 little girls who are counting down the days! Cookie Day was yesterday and Joy had a blast! Pictures of that tomorrow!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker