Okay. Break out the tissues, again. Today I am tired. Very tired. I barely slept last night, I made 2 aprons (for cookie day) with Joy's, ahem, "assistance" and no nap. As a result, I cannot think to save my life. I have no patience, either. But, Joy and I trudge on. Anyways.....after our attempt at napping, I turned on the ole T.V. The Polar Express was on. I thought perhaps it was too old for her. Maybe too scarey. But she was glued. Thank God! I needed a moment. Well, in the meantime, Kevin brought home some dinner. He got Joy in her highchair (which he moved into the livingroom) and went about dishing up food. I sat on the couch. Well, it was the end of the movie where the kid gets the bell and says he believes in Santa. Turn the waterworks on! I start sniffling. Quietly, so as not to get Joy's attention. Well, she's no fool....she noticed. She looks over at me and says, "mama" and reaches for my hand. So, I put my hand in hers and she just held it and finished the movie that way. Tissues, please! I love that kid! Here she is tucking Mouse into "bed" with some friends.
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment