Does anyone celebrate Groundhog Day? Google doesn't.....and they celebrate everything. I look forward to it. Not because I take stock in a large rodent being yanked out of his nest, forced to wake up in freezing temps and set down in the snow. All to see what he/she does. What would you do? I'd crawl right back into my cozy nest and go back to sleep. Shadow or not! I like Groundhog Day because it's like a turning point in the midst of winter. It's 6 weeks until spring! I can do that! I can make it until spring! That's only 6 more Mondays! I am home sick today. It stinks. But, at some point, I stirred from my drug/cold induced coma to hear a Cardinal singing. Last week I heard a Sparrow singing. Do they know something? I hope so! Also, that big icicle in my last post fell down on Saturday. It looks and sounded like a bomb went off. And, yes, it did finally touch the roof. Yes.....winter is still here for a bit. But, spring is coming! It has to. Because I said so. And I'm in charge. That could be the cold pills talking, but I don't think so. Here's a nice sunny photo to cheer us up!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment