Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bursting with pride!




I am so proud. Tuesday night Kevin and I attended a banquet honoring the Nationally Board Certified Teachers for 2008. It was held at the Westin in Lombard and was a bit fancy. Although, I didn't have to wear a ballgown or anything. It was mainly teachers and a few minor politicians. Lots of speeches. Short. Thank God! Each honoree was called to the front for handshaking, pinning and a picture. I watched my husband stand up there and I was soooo proud of him. He worked so hard for this. It took over a year to go thru the process and then he had to wait 9+ months for his results! He filmed himself teaching, analyzed himself teaching, wrote paper after paper, rewrote paper after paper and so much more. Honestly, I can't remember all the stuff he had to do. I remember all the parties, etc. he had to miss because he had too much to work on. I remember how tired he was. Grumpy, too, sometimes! I remember all the classes he took, so he would know how to go thru this process. I remember how much his teaching and writing skills improved as he learned about himself, as a teacher. I remember how worried he and I were that he wouldn't pass. I thought he would. But, I worried about how he would handle it if he didn't. And I remember standing in the cafeteria at my school with a friend telling her today was the day. And the phone rang. I jumped up and down I was so happy for him! Everyone at work was happy, too. So, Tuesday was a big deal. For Kevin and all the teachers that went thru this process. There are 80 new NBCT for 2008 in Dupage county. There are 703 in Il for 2008. And Kevin joins 3,191 total for the state of IL. I think there are 191,000 teachers in IL. Amazing! Here's a photo of Kevin leaving to mail his paperwork last spring. And one of his certificate,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker