Saturday, January 3, 2015

Art or eeeeewwww?!?!

During the summer we received a letter from Julia's new teacher.  It was a cheerful little note telling us about all the fun things Julia would be doing as a 3rd grader.  One of the big things was learning about owls.  Cool, right?  They got to see some owls and learn all about them.  One thing that I found a bit weird, however, was dissecting an owl pellet.  I thought well how much harm can come from cutting up owl poop?  Well........an owl pellet is not poop, my friends.  An owl pellet is made up of all the things owls cannot digest, such as bones, beaks, feathers.......ucko, right?  But it gets better!  The owl regurgitates these not so tasty morsels........(oh, the joy), thus forming the owl pellet.  Yum!  So......after dissecting this lovely thing my little angel's class had more work to do!  Art.  Yep.  Art.  They took the bits and pieces of their owl pellet and glued them onto colored paper in the shape of whatever animal their owl had hacked up.  Imagine my happiness when I went thru Julia's backpack and found her......ahem.....art..........and she so wanted me to love her art.  I did what I could here, guys.......I was pretty much speechless after the gagging subsided..............Lord, help me!  So......whatcha think?  Art or eeeewwww???????


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker