Boy.......I am really slacking off aren't I? Sorry...........I just haven't had much to say lately. That's a record, isn't it? Heh, heh..........Just busy......and tired.......who knew sending kids off to school and having 6 1/2 hours to yourself every day could cause one to be so busy? And here I thought I'd get more done...........huh. Could have something to do with Joy being sick every 10-14 days, Julia's homework, Joy's need for my full attention once she's home or Julia's various bizarre maladies. By the time they get well enough to be back in school and I run to the grocery store and clean up the house.....I am done. I'm old, ya know! It seems we are just running from one thing to the next and pretty soon another month is over. So......February............where did ya go? Let's see......we started out with Chinese New Year....well, that ended January didn't it? Huh...see what I mean? Anyway.......Chinese New Year would have been more fun but Joy came home with the stomach flu.....not so fun......next up, Great Grandma's 100th birthday and a quick trip to Florida. It was warm and sunny a huge contrast to the clouds, snow and subzero temps. around here! The first morning my eyes actually hurt when I opened the curtains at the hotel. So much green! I got used to it quick though! Off to Grandma's party......it was so good to see her smile! I would have loved to give her a giant hug.....but, of course......shocker....I was sick! Shocking, I know...............sigh............Joy had herself a blast getting to know (and boss) her Florida cousins and Julia found a game she could win (with a little help;)! The girl loves her games.....as long as she can win! We spent one day at a state park, where the girls went swimming and we were stalked (yes, stalked) by squirrels. Who knew ranch flavored rice cakes were so popular with squirrels. Not that we fed them on purpose. Joy dropped one by accident and the rush was on! Geesh! Once back home Julia and I headed into Chicago for a check up on her kidney/bladder health. All good there! I consider this the most important part of Spina Bifida. Walking, etc. is important but if your kidneys are in trouble.....well....that is noooooo good! Now we are getting ready for next week's spring (seriously??) concert, the Daddy Daughter masquerade ball, roller skating and........a visit from our social worker. Any guesses why he's coming? Yep......Julia will be celebrating her 1st Family Day on March 3rd! How on Earth did that happen so fast? She is very excited! She wants to pick the food! Heh, heh.......that's my girl! And that will end February..........and March is looking busy too! At this rate summer will be here before we know it! And that cannot.....I repeat cannot be a bad thing!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment