Sunday, January 19, 2014

Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

Okay.  All you non-animal lovers.....you might just want to click away, cause I'm going to talk about my cat here for a minute.  Yep.....my cat.  My Mouse cat.  Kevin and I found Mouse one night when she skittered across the road in front of our car. She weighed less than a half pound, had runny eyes and I was in love!  I fed her with a syringe, I made sure she was clean and I loved on her.  In our long wait for a baby, Mouse was mine.  She has been my buddy.  My nurse.  My playmate.  She's a very smart cat.  She used to play fetch, but seems to have given that one up.  She'd come into the bathroom and I'd asked her where her stinky ball was and she'd disappear out the door and return carrying the ball.  Huh......made me wonder.  Last week I was noticing a roll of toilet paper under the vanity and was trying to pull it out by the end of the paper that was sticking out.  Mouse trotted in and I said, "I suppose you couldn't bat that roll out here, huh?"  And then she did........hmmmmmm.....makes ya wonder......so on to the really odd story:  Last night Joy wanted to rub my back.  Now Joy has magical toes......she walks on my back with those little toes and it is Heaven!  Anyways....I got down on the couch and Joy started her magic.  Quick as a flash, Mouse came flying over next to the couch and started yowling and pacing, clearly very upset.  Kevin looked over and asked what she was doing.  I said I thought she was upset.  Maybe she thinks Joy's hurting me.  He thought that was pretty amazing.  I reached out and rubbed her face and told her I was okay and safe.  She knows the word safe.  The next thing I know she hops up onto the couch and I wondered what she was going to do.....nibble Joy's toes????  And then I felt it.....the deep rhythmic massage of Mouse's toes!  She had one foot on each of my legs and was massaging me!  She was purring like mad and giving me a massage.  Really makes ya wonder, right?  Well....makes me wonder anyway............

2 comments:

  1. I also have cats, 4 to be exact. They were my babies while I waited as well. Cats are so smart and protective. My kitties do some of the same things as well. All of my kitties are now old. We are losing one to cancer right now and another is blind. Losing them and seeing them age makes my heart sick. The thought that makes me feel a little better is knowing that no one could love them as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Starla! I'm sorry! We had 4 cats.....Trina died of tongue cancer w/in a couple weeks of being diagnosed and then Monique was diagnosed with cancer the following month. We lost her the day before Julia arrived home. It was so hard. Especially on Joy. Tiger is almost 17 and Mouse is 6......hoping they will be here for awhile! Prayers for you and your babies!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker