When I was growing up, my Grandma and Grandpa made things for us. My Grandma crocheted and my Grandpa made things out of wood. Every year for Christmas all of us cousins would get a doily and a shelf from our grandparents. I now have a huge collection of doilys and a pretty sizeable group of shelves. One year, Grandpa made all of us cradles for our dolls. We all had Victorias (courtesy of Grandma) and those cradles were well-loved and used. But, as all children do, I grew up and the cradle found itself in the basement. It was dry and safe, but in the basement. Last week I watched Joy holding her baby and rocking her in her arms, and I thought it's time to bring the cradle back upstairs. So, I made a pillow (just like I remember my Grandma doing), found a nice baby blanket and hauled the cradle up. Joy was very excited and helped me clean it. She keeps her "twins" in it. I think they look pretty nice in there!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment