Monday, January 10, 2011

Road trip-part 1
















So, we left here last Sunday afternoon and headed south. Joy is an amazing traveler and is pretty much happy, as long as she is part of the action. We went armed with a portable dvd player, snacks, books, drawing supplies and our all time emergency stash of......candy! There were 4 of us crammed into Kevin's car: me, Kevin, Joy and Uncle Kurt. This meant that Joy had a buddy in the back seat. Nice! She napped. She played. She watched a movie. When she woke up, we were in Georgia. Headed for Savannah. I've always wanted to see it. The TV makes it look so cool. And it is. But, I think you need to go with someone who knows where to go, etc. We did go to Bonaventure Cemetary. It's pretty, but why is it a can't miss destination? I don't know. We saw the Cathedral, too. Now that's can't miss. Especially at Christmas. What a cresch! The big square with the cool fountain is pretty, too. Just not as big or grand as you'd think. But, I'm glad we got to go. I do want to go again. Just with more planning. I know we missed stuff. There's got to be more! Stay tuned for part 2!

1 comment:

  1. Jealous... I'd really like to go to Savannnah... where's part 2???

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker