Saturday, January 15, 2011

Florida!!!!






















Okay. So it took us 9 months to get there. But, this time there was no bizarre illness (Shingles) to mess up our trip. So we made it! First, we hit the coast. Kevin must see the ocean at some point. So we stayed 1 night near Flagler Beach and toured a couple parks. Florida has very nice state parks. We saw an Armadillo, although my camera was even slower than he was. So....no picture. Then we headed down to Orlando to see my Grandma. She had never met Joy, and we can't have that, can we? Joy was very curious about Great Grandma Baumann. She came in and said, "Hi Great Baumann." Pretty cute. I wasn't sure how this visit would go, since our little empress isn't always, ahem, polite. Sometimes she's kind of, well......2. But, she was in fine form and a very good girl. Phew! The next day.....I bet you can't guess where we went! Okay. Fine. We did go to Disney. Wouldn't you? Joy had a blast! She met Pluto right away, and she really wanted to see Pluto. I have no idea why. She really isn't into Mickey Mouse or any of that stuff. But, Pluto was her guy and so Pluto it was! We had a lovely day (78 degrees) and sunny. While Joy took a little nap and Kevin and Uncle Kurt went in search of cool rides, I sat near the castle and played with my new phone. And who should turn up right behind me but Kevin's highschool marching band. How weird is that? Anyway, we had a fabulous time and Joy was very happy. The next day, we went to see Great Grandma, again, and Uncle Kurt said Mass in her room. It was very nice and Grandma was very pleased. She and I had a nice visit, too! Next we met up with my Aunt and Uncle, who treated us to a wonderful dinner and sent us on our way. So, we finally made it to Florida and we had the best time. I wish we could have stayed longer! But, vacation only lasts so long!

1 comment:

  1. too cute- Great Baumann. Certainly looks like a FAB time- I LOVE Disney. It's so fun with a little one (but I like it without too). I NEED a vacation...seriously....warmth...sun...beach... you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker