Saturday, December 4, 2010

Playing catch-up











So, now you know the truth. I am a slacker. I am. But, truthfully, not much has been going on. Mainly, cleaning and organizing for winter and getting the house ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So, now I will try to catch you up on all Joy's antics. Let's see.....after Halloween there was a birthday party for some cousins, who turned 5! I cannot believe those little babies are 5. And after that we got ready for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was very nice and we followed that up with a parade and a meeting with the big guy himself. Joy shook his hand and said she is not so shy. Last year, the mere mention of Santa would make her cry. This year, she wouldn't sit on his lap, but had a very long chat about what she wants for Christmas. Mainly a candy cane. She is very excited about Christmas this year. She gets it! That makes it so much fun! She helped me decorate for Christmas and helped Daddy cut down a tree last night-she held the flashlight. Yes-we cut down a tree in the dark. This morning, we had our first snow and she was soooo excited! Her and Daddy were out first thing playing in it. I think what I'll do is put up some pictures every day until I catch up. It takes forever to load them on all at once, so I have to space them out a bit. And, after that, I will try to get organized and keep up with this thing! Any guesses on what Joy is doing in the picture where she's wearing my socks on her hands??? Here's a hint: think oven mitts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker