Friday, May 21, 2010

Referral-versary!




One year ago today, we saw Joy's little face for the first time! Can you believe it's been a year? I cannot. Geesh! I thought time was flying as we were preparing to go get Joy. But this year has flown faster. Here's the link to last year's post: http://thefarrellsblessings.blogspot.com/2009/05/here-she-is.html
I remember how excited we were! We waited 4 years from the time we started our paperwork until our referral. It's so strange to be waiting for that little person for soooo long and then you get a call and there she is! And now.....I can't imagine life without her. She is silly, smart, stubborn, loving, curious and full of energy! She's Joy! I remember when Kevin first saw her picture he asked me whether I thought she looked like a Joy. We had discussed different names over 4 years and maybe "Joy" wasn't her name. But it definitely was her name. She knew it from the day we met her. Who else would she be? So, here's a few pictures of the empress from last year's referral and now.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker