Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Joyisms


So, our little empress does some odd things. I call them Joyisms. When we first met her she would hold up her palms and say, "La." Sort of singing. She also would put the hex on me. She would put her index fingers together- tip to tip, bow her head and growl. It only happened when she was mad at me. Now her and I do it to each other. Kind of like teasing. Something she's started doing in the last couple weeks is asking to pray before meals, snacks or anything she thinks is prayer-worthy. She will say, "Xie xie," fold her hands and bow her head. Xie xie is thank you in Chinese. How did she know that the prayer we say before meals is a thank you? It doesn't actually say thank you. Interesting. The other day, we saw some cows in a field. I pointed them out and she said, "Cow. Moo. Moo. Cow. Moo-cow." And then she laughed hysterically. Because you know she's the first one to come up with that one! She thinks so. She will also call to anything and try to get it to come to her. She'll put out her little hands, wiggle her fingers and say, "Come......come." And she actually expects it to come, too. She does this with the cats a lot. Yeah. Doesn't work. She has definite ideas about fashion, too. She went thru a phase a couple weeks ago, where she wanted all her barrets/bows in her hair. Every day. Geesh! She's over it now. Phew! She likes to pick out her shoes, too. Sometimes 2 different ones. That doesn't last long, though. She doesn't like how it feels to wear 2 different shoes. Phew! Oh! And she's got this crazy hair. I wash it every other day, because it's very dry. And I condition it. A lot. I comb it and it looks so nice. And then she goes to bed. In the morning, the front looks fine. But the back. Well......It's sticking straight up. And it's knots. She's good about letting me comb it out. It takes forever some days. At bedtime, she wants me to give each "friend" a kiss and a drink of water. She needs less friends! So, our girl is quirky. Aren't we all? I, personally, like her that way! Oh, remember the bean dance? That's evolved into a dance for everything she eats/drinks. We've done the noodle, milk, yogurt, cookie, cheerio dance. Yes. We. If I don't do it, and do it properly, she will growl at me. Yeah. Growl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker