So, here's what's been running thru my little 'ole head lately. Last year at this time, I was working and leading my usual life. This year I am planning a birthday party for my 2 year old. Did I miss something????? Oh. Yeah. 9 months of pregnancy and 2 years of babyhood. I just skipped over all that and jumped right into toddlerhood. Geesh! What was I thinking? Actually, I wasn't thinking at all. I was just innocently living my life, when BAM! Toddler. It has never seemed odd before, but now that I'm planning the party and hitting the sales (Have you seen Old Navy?) and buying 3T's for next year.....well, it just smacks you upside the head. Joy is not a baby. She's a little girl who changes her baby's diaper, shops for snacks and wants to wash her own hair. She even wants to pick out her own clothes. I sure hope she likes all the goodies I found at Old Navy's big sale today. Hee! Hee! Anyway.....That's what keeps popping into my head. That and I've been wondering about Joy's birth family. Do they think about her? Do they pray for her? Who are they? Where are they? I wonder about her foster mother, too. Does she think about Joy or did she just move on to the next child? Questions I will probably never be able to answer. Sigh. But, the empress is happy, safe and very loved. We are getting ready for her first birthday party(for her 2nd birthday) and it will be fun! We are going to dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant on her birthday and having a party on Saturday for Joy and my Dad. They almost share a birthday! So, we are busy this week. Cleaning, hitting sales and putting things away. Okay. Enough rambling! Enjoy Joy's goofy face!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment