Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful











Every Thanksgiving, we have everyone who can make it over to our house for snacks and dinner. It's awesome. I love it and can't wait for it to come every year. I love watching the parade and waiting for Santa. And each year I am thankful for the usual stuff: our families, our health, our home, our kitties, cranberries, etc. And each year I wonder if next year our daughter will be with us yet. Well, that year has come! And......we're sick. Yep. Sick. Icky colds. Geez! Can we catch a break already? So......I post-poned Thanksgiving. We will do it next week when we celebrate the December birthdays. Yes! Mine is one of those! So- turkey and cake.....and presents! What could be better? So, today Kevin was determined to make the best of our situation. He went and bought a chicken, crescent rolls, cheese and flowers for me. He's so awesome! He made a delicious egg dish for breakfast. We ate, watched Santa arrive, played and just lounged around. Joy was thrilled! For dinner we had roast chicken and all the trimmings. Our own mini-Thanksgiving. And I made a pumpkin pie. Joy was so happy about her dinner she actually applauded. Seriously, she did. She also invented a new dance: The Bean Dance. I'll try to post the video of her doing it sometime this weekend. It involves green beans, which she has decided she loves. Thank God! A vegetable she'll eat! So, our "sicky Thanksgiving" didn't turn out to be so bad, after all. I know our families missed our sparkling personalities, but I'm sure they'll be okay! As for us.....we're thankful! For Joy! She's finally joined us, and we couldn't be more excited about that! Now, we start the Christmas preparations. Oh! The fun we'll have!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker