Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just plain fun!




Joy is a happy girl! I think perhaps she's turned another corner. We met her 3 months ago, and she really preferred Kevin. For awhile she really detested me. I was okay to change her and feed her, but otherwise she just yelled at me if I even spoke to her or her Daddy. Sometimes I even got wacked! If Daddy put her in timeout, I got yelled at. There was pinching, hitting, grabbing and occasional biting. I just had to watch her! Not the mommy moments I had hoped for. But, on Sunday things shifted a bit. I don't know why. She seemed happier. On Monday, we went to watch a certain football team play at a friend's house, and Joy arrived there shy. Yes. Shy. She hid between my legs and wouldn't let me move. Hmmmm....... When Kevin arrived she was glad to see him, but stuck near me. Me! Yesterday, the 10 a.m. tornado siren went off-it does that every Tuesday at 10 a.m.- and she got scared and clung to my leg. Me! And last night, she wanted both of us to play with her. I got to play, too! There was lots of giggling, too. She layed on us and let us tickle her. I tried that last week and nearly had my eyes gouged out. And there were tears. Maybe things are starting to click in her little heart. Or maybe she realized that Christmas is coming and Santa is watching! Whatever it is, I'm liking it!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the smile in the 2nd pic. And speaking of that picture- I have a small throw that is the same print.. You have great taste madam.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria,
    I am so glad to hear that you are feeling the love! I will pray that it will only continue to grow! I am not sure why, and maybe it is on my end only, but I am not getting your pictures anymore. Just letting yu know I miss them!Love, Kate and gang

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker