This is becoming a really bad habit, isn't it? Sigh............I blame the computer.......it hates me.....in fact it pretty much hates all of us. Only Joy has the patience to mess with it. But......I am going to try and catch you up with life! Let's see........we spent a lot of our time this summer at the library. There were books to read, programs to attend and prizes to be won! The girls loved it! There was vacation bible school and the girls went swimming in their little pool. Also, Julia was finally allowed to resume being a "normal kid" and so we hit the playground. But only for a week......more on that in a sec! First......Julia's visit to the doctors! The only changes that were found were her knee contractures are now 30% in both knees. In March her right knee was at 20% and her left was at 15%. So they have gotten worse. Her neurosurgeon says that was to be expected since she's been on couch potato therapy for 5 months now. So......the hamstring surgery is a go. As soon as we get the insurance on board for a gait study. Praying that happens soon. Everyone is very excited to see how she does after the surgery. I'm betting she'll be running! The big news is her muscle test results. All her muscles have gotten stronger despite sitting on her buns for 5 months! The neurosurgeon is thrilled. Yay! So.....on to Joy........last Friday she did something she does all the time......she jumped off the stairs. I spend a lot of time saying, "Do not jump.....you're going to break your neck." Well.....she did not break her neck (thank God) but she did manage to break 3 bones in her foot......sigh.......and the little stinker walked around on her foot for 3 days before she broke down and flipped out......at the zoo......so home we came via walk in care. She is now sporting a lovely boot that we have stickered up and signed. It looks as cool as we can make it! So, no playground for her! And with that we end summer vacation! We know how to have fun, huh? Tomorrow begins another school year. School supplies were dropped off, new teachers were met, friends have been found, clothing has been chosen and lunches have been made. At 8:30 tomorrow morning Kevin and I will be alone! Did you hear me????? ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will spend a moment thinking about all the things that made this summer one of a kind, wipe away a tear and then........clean! Oh, my word......am I gonna clean!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment