Saturday, October 12, 2013

Field trip!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when you were a kid and going to school every day would get a little dull?  Remember how you would be super excited at the prospect of a field trip?  I sure do!  It didn't really matter where we were going......I just wanted to go!  Anywhere!  Well yesterday Julia's class went on their first field trip.  Since this is Julia's first year in a school, this was her first field trip.  And it was the zoo!  Another first for her.  Of course I had to go with.  I have tons of pictures of Joy doing all kinds of cool stuff and Julia asks all the time why there are no pictures of her.  Apparently the fact that she's only been here for 7 months escapes her.......sigh.......so......there I was....crammed onto a bus full of screaming 7 years olds......headed to the zoo............appropriate, right?  It was a gorgeous day.  Gorgeous.  Like 80 degrees, breezy, sunny, lovely fall colors............you know perfect fall day.  We broke into little groups and headed off.  We had 3 little girls in our group, 2 moms, a dad and Julia's aide.  Julia wanted to see the monkeys (shocker) so we headed there first.  She was amazed at all the monkeys.  We saw giraffes, lions, bears and their cubs, snow leopards and their baby, seals, dolphins.....pretty much everyone.  We rented a wagon for Julia and her friends took turns pulling her.  The kids are really nice to her.  She is kind of a mini celebrity.  And she is sooooo happy!  She told me last night, "Mom, I have so much fun here.  My China not so much fun."  The last thing we saw was the dolphin show.  Julia was blown away by how high the dolphins can jump and how they waved to us.  All in all a great day.  On the way home Julia and the little boy across the aisle from us got friendly and were taking silly pictures of eachother.  They were so funny!  And then we were home and there was Daddy and Joy to greet us!  The girls had so much to tell eachother and spent a good part of the night yacking away.  Next up:  the pumpkin farm with Joy's class! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

 
Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker