It was with great excitement that my girls waited for dark to arrive tonight. Tonight is a full moon, but not just any full moon. Tonight is the night of the moon festival! Also known as the Mid-autumn Festival. In China this is a day to come together with family and friends, give thanks for a good harvest and blessings and to pray. It is similar to our Thanksgiving, I guess. It is the second most important holiday in China. Chinese New Year being the most important. We don't do anything nearly as exciting as they do in China, but we have a couple little things we do. Joy is old enough to understand it this year, so I tried to do a little more. Well......I planned on doing more, but with Julia home sick off and on all week.....well.....I didn't do as much as I wanted. But, I did manage to make the girls little cards to find in their lunches and I did get moon cookies made. This year's moon cookies were very exciting circles......sprinkled with yellow sugar......yeah.....yahoooooo! Well, the girls thought they were fabulous and I got them done last night after dinner.....so there! Kevin brought home delicious Chinese food for dinner and then we waited for the moon to come up. And come up it did! It was gorgeous tonight, too! The girls were thrilled and we got some pictures just in case you weren't gazing at the moon tonight. We did it for you!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment