13 years ago
Friday, May 18, 2012
Deciphering Joy
I was looking at Joy the other day and thinking how much she has changed in 3 years. She's bigger and all that, but it's her words that blow me away. She understands everything we say, which is typical, but she also understands things way beyond her years. Yesterday, she was asking me why I don't like her to walk along the highway on the way to the park. I said because there are so many cars. It's dangerous. I told her a lot of people are driving along there and we don't know them. She asked me if some of those people are bad and would take kids. Where did she hear that? We haven't had that little discussion yet. I kind of thought she was too little and I don't want her to be afraid of everything. But, she knows. She has lots of questions.....many of them we don't have the answers to, yet. She is pretty amazing, this girl! She has loads of words that she says in her own, unique way, too. One of them is nobbylock. For the first 2 years she was home, she would sing "nobbylock, nobbylock......" I kept asking her what that was. Where did she hear it? She said she heard it on T.V. So, for 2 years I puzzled on that one. She didn't sing it all the time, either. This past Christmas it finally hit me. It's Navidad. She was singing "Feliz Navidad." From Dora. Another one that she says is "pinarnia." It's pinata. Love that one! They have them hanging all over the ceilings in Woodmans and she was dying to know if they came with candy in them or if you have to fill them yourself. Do other people's 4 year olds wonder about that stuff? Just mine???? Huh......Last night, I was hanging some clothes in Kevin's closet and Joy was laying on our bed. She has her head resting on her arms, staring up at the light as if dreaming of something profound. She sighs and says, "I am just thinking about Thor.......I love to watch him hammer things." I about died laughing. She is nuts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment